This post came a bit late, considering that my birthday was last month. Oh well, who cares I’m doing it anyway. With no further a do, here’s the 21 plus 1 bonus things I have learnt in 21 years.
- It’s your mind that’s stopping you from doing the things you want, cause you can, like for real.
- Family matters ( some of these people have put up with your drama for sooo long).
- If you walk barefoot, you’ll get sick, or it’s just my karma. (however, eating ice-cream on the couch while you’re sick is comforting.
- Learning how to cook was a pretty good idea.
- School is not that big deal. Do not confuse schooling with education.
- This one shall pass too.
- Disney movies is like alwaaays a good idea.
- You cannot fool your bunny, by saying I won’t be late. Having a pet is a real, real, real commitment.
- You should say yes to that invitation.
- The mean things you tell your parents about parenting and adulthood, yeah you gonna regret every and each of them, once you realize your burned pancakes was not the only thing they had to do that day.
- You need to love yourself first.
- It’s not your job to fix others. You can be there encouraging and supporting, but they have to do it on their own.
- Your people are the ones that stick around no matter what.
- You should never be scared to try again.
- Just eat that piece of cake, you’re not that fat anyways.
- Never, ever, ever diet.
- Learning a new language is a good invensment.
- Exercise will always make you feel better.
- Journal things down!
- Print some of the million of pictures you take.
- You better save some money.
- *Perspective is everything*.
Whether is an one and half hour drive, or ten hours flight, trips are amazing and one of the best ways to get inspiration from. Sounio it was this weekend, blue, sun, rocks, clear skies, friends, food and so it goes. ( Basically how it’s always in Greece). When it comes to weekends I take the friyay and weeeekend kind of thing very very seriously. I recently got a clearer perspective over a couple of things and started enjoying even more the present and appreciating/ devoting my time on things that really fullfill me. I’ll leave you with this quote that inspires me and I just really wanted to share with all of you!
“Happiness is in the heart, not in the circumstances’
Go out, show off, have fun, pursue your dreams, move forward and never second guess yourself, either accept others second guessing! It’s a beautiful life no matter what!
Smouch to aaaall of you.
Okay, okay, you know how I always say learn more to be more. Education does not start or finish after uni or highschool and why is that? Because there are millions of different things to learn, so much undiscovered information and new horizon to go and explore. Books are magic put on paper. But where do I start? How do I know what kind of books I’d like? My suggestion is to not focus on one category only, eg fiction, because then you’re missing out the chance to enreach and develop your knowledge on different topics. So here’s my top 3 tips for you, little fellows.
- Borrow books from friends. This is the easiest yet fantastic source to find different books. Your friends know what you’d hate and what you’d probable love, so they pick the right books for you. Plus, they might be into astronomy, poetry so you get to know more about these two categories. Owesome, ha?
- University bibliography. Sneaky and smart! Go on the Arts Uni website for instance and see the books recommended for the students to read for the semester, then pick a couple of them and the adventure begins. Are you into Law, Maths, Politics History, Arts, Economics? Just go to their websites. This is a super valid source btw.
- Make a list of the 3-5 things you’re very interested about eg. cooking, cinema, painting, then google: The greatest painters of the 20th sentury, the best cookbooks of 2000 and so it goes. Just google stuff like that and the most famous ones will come on top. Then here you go, you can get started, just like that!
Hope my advice on the topic was helpful. Do you have any tips for sharing? Please feel free to comment and let me know a topic you’d like me to go through.
What excites me the most about trips, is that I always feel so blessed and happier as soon as I get into a new place. All you knew till then..well it’s not only that. There is always more and more beauty, more and more potential, lots and lots of new experiences out there. How great this is? I don’t recommend trips as a form of running away from reality. I encourage you to see them as the amazing oportunity to discover more, learn more and understand that trips are not about running away from something but going further . Now, about Patra in particular, what a beautiful city you are? I’d call it the grey kind of sky, rainy city, a great destination for Autumn and Winter. I loved the little coffe spots all over the center. As soon as you get up at the “skalakia” of Sant Nicolas make sure you take lots and lots of pictures. Big ben & Carousselo, yup I totally recommend these two spots for breakkie ( A M A Z I N G ).
- Don’t stay in just because it’s rainy, it will propably keep on rainning anyways.
- Do Wander, wander and wander, go at theatraki area and the port to enjoy the blue view.
- Do Eat! Some really d e l i c i o u s foods are cooked over there.
- Go for a drink, they’re lots of fun and very friendly people to meet.
- Go with friends so it can never get boring!
Patra I loved you and I’m totally coming back soon. Where have you been lately?
I’m not a fan of big changes, they stress me out and I consider them as a fat pain in the ass. But there is nothing better than things falling back into place after they’ve fallen apart and now the fell in better place. Does this sound confusing? Wait to see what’s going on my mind. Can I tell you something? Do not be afraid of changing up things, whether this is about redecorating your living room, or applying for a new job, just go for it. Life is too short to not have this cherry muffin, or lose that trip to Rome or cry over what happened. Life doesn’t come easy, either it’s best moments, that’s why they are sooo great and sooo worth it. Go out, have fun, create, love, inspire and get inspired end of story, life is way to fun to miss out. This huge intro is the simple explanation of “Do what you like the most and forget about the rest”. I’m on a super vacay mood lately and this “should” not be the case, let me just say is still February. However, since I feel so inspired and into the mood, I’ll share withn you my 5 ways to feel on vacay all the time.
- Friends day: Is it Sunday afternoon, Monday morning? Doesn’t matter, you and your friends need a “free time day” in the week to pretend like you just got to Miami. So put your sunglasses on, turn off notifications, get your camera and wander together. Have lunch, then go for a coffe, or maybe visit a museum or whatever really. Just H A V E F U N! It’s your time to enjoy yourselves and stay away from obligations and drama for more than an hour.
- Roadtrips : Even though they are considered as trips they are not exactly, cause they don’t last long. However, a couple of them here and there can spice up your “normal” routine and get you in vacay mood just like that. Again find a good buddy or a group of friends and turn on your favourite music, Dua lipa currently💋
- Add tiny habbits in your everyday life to make it look more like vacay. For instance, it can be your fifteen minutes break, you on your balconi drinking your favourite drink ( easy with it, unless if you are a cherry soda kind of girl too). It could be your ten minutes journal in the park down the corner, or reading your book eating puncakes twice a week, or visiting a new place every week. I don’t know it could be anything even puting palmtrees posters on your bedroom wall, that works too.
- Plan your next trip and share it with me on instagram. I’m curently super into this. Not the creepy version of it, ya know writing down all the places I have to get before 2019, no offence but my nerves can’t handlle the presure. What I do is booking my next trip as soon as I get back from the other. No I’m not rich and you don’t have to be rich to do that. It could cost 30 box to go and visit a friend living couple of hours away. So save some money, cause it’s totally worth it.
- You’re a damn Queen, (boys is girls talk here) always treat yourself.