This post came a bit late, considering that my birthday was last month. Oh well, who cares I’m doing it anyway. With no further a do, here’s the 21 plus 1 bonus things I have learnt in 21 years.
- It’s your mind that’s stopping you from doing the things you want, cause you can, like for real.
- Family matters ( some of these people have put up with your drama for sooo long).
- If you walk barefoot, you’ll get sick, or it’s just my karma. (however, eating ice-cream on the couch while you’re sick is comforting.
- Learning how to cook was a pretty good idea.
- School is not that big deal. Do not confuse schooling with education.
- This one shall pass too.
- Disney movies is like alwaaays a good idea.
- You cannot fool your bunny, by saying I won’t be late. Having a pet is a real, real, real commitment.
- You should say yes to that invitation.
- The mean things you tell your parents about parenting and adulthood, yeah you gonna regret every and each of them, once you realize your burned pancakes was not the only thing they had to do that day.
- You need to love yourself first.
- It’s not your job to fix others. You can be there encouraging and supporting, but they have to do it on their own.
- Your people are the ones that stick around no matter what.
- You should never be scared to try again.
- Just eat that piece of cake, you’re not that fat anyways.
- Never, ever, ever diet.
- Learning a new language is a good invensment.
- Exercise will always make you feel better.
- Journal things down!
- Print some of the million of pictures you take.
- You better save some money.
- *Perspective is everything*.
Okay, okay, you know how I always say learn more to be more. Education does not start or finish after uni or highschool and why is that? Because there are millions of different things to learn, so much undiscovered information and new horizon to go and explore. Books are magic put on paper. But where do I start? How do I know what kind of books I’d like? My suggestion is to not focus on one category only, eg fiction, because then you’re missing out the chance to enreach and develop your knowledge on different topics. So here’s my top 3 tips for you, little fellows.
- Borrow books from friends. This is the easiest yet fantastic source to find different books. Your friends know what you’d hate and what you’d probable love, so they pick the right books for you. Plus, they might be into astronomy, poetry so you get to know more about these two categories. Owesome, ha?
- University bibliography. Sneaky and smart! Go on the Arts Uni website for instance and see the books recommended for the students to read for the semester, then pick a couple of them and the adventure begins. Are you into Law, Maths, Politics History, Arts, Economics? Just go to their websites. This is a super valid source btw.
- Make a list of the 3-5 things you’re very interested about eg. cooking, cinema, painting, then google: The greatest painters of the 20th sentury, the best cookbooks of 2000 and so it goes. Just google stuff like that and the most famous ones will come on top. Then here you go, you can get started, just like that!
Hope my advice on the topic was helpful. Do you have any tips for sharing? Please feel free to comment and let me know a topic you’d like me to go through.
I’m not a fan of big changes, they stress me out and I consider them as a fat pain in the ass. But there is nothing better than things falling back into place after they’ve fallen apart and now the fell in better place. Does this sound confusing? Wait to see what’s going on my mind. Can I tell you something? Do not be afraid of changing up things, whether this is about redecorating your living room, or applying for a new job, just go for it. Life is too short to not have this cherry muffin, or lose that trip to Rome or cry over what happened. Life doesn’t come easy, either it’s best moments, that’s why they are sooo great and sooo worth it. Go out, have fun, create, love, inspire and get inspired end of story, life is way to fun to miss out. This huge intro is the simple explanation of “Do what you like the most and forget about the rest”. I’m on a super vacay mood lately and this “should” not be the case, let me just say is still February. However, since I feel so inspired and into the mood, I’ll share withn you my 5 ways to feel on vacay all the time.
- Friends day: Is it Sunday afternoon, Monday morning? Doesn’t matter, you and your friends need a “free time day” in the week to pretend like you just got to Miami. So put your sunglasses on, turn off notifications, get your camera and wander together. Have lunch, then go for a coffe, or maybe visit a museum or whatever really. Just H A V E F U N! It’s your time to enjoy yourselves and stay away from obligations and drama for more than an hour.
- Roadtrips : Even though they are considered as trips they are not exactly, cause they don’t last long. However, a couple of them here and there can spice up your “normal” routine and get you in vacay mood just like that. Again find a good buddy or a group of friends and turn on your favourite music, Dua lipa currently💋
- Add tiny habbits in your everyday life to make it look more like vacay. For instance, it can be your fifteen minutes break, you on your balconi drinking your favourite drink ( easy with it, unless if you are a cherry soda kind of girl too). It could be your ten minutes journal in the park down the corner, or reading your book eating puncakes twice a week, or visiting a new place every week. I don’t know it could be anything even puting palmtrees posters on your bedroom wall, that works too.
- Plan your next trip and share it with me on instagram. I’m curently super into this. Not the creepy version of it, ya know writing down all the places I have to get before 2019, no offence but my nerves can’t handlle the presure. What I do is booking my next trip as soon as I get back from the other. No I’m not rich and you don’t have to be rich to do that. It could cost 30 box to go and visit a friend living couple of hours away. So save some money, cause it’s totally worth it.
- You’re a damn Queen, (boys is girls talk here) always treat yourself.
When it comes to minimalism I should mention that I’m a huuuuge fan of it and so glad this art movement was ever created. There is something about the simplicity and balance of colours that bringspeace . How to get it right though? Keep it simple, less is more and all these quotes apply in this case. I know, I know, so many beautiful minimalistic paintings, carpets, but you don’t need all of them. That’s the point of minimalism. You need less to make it work, so don’t be fooled by shopping spree. Minimalism is low budget friendly, yayyy! Down below you’ll find a list of the very basics, on how to keep it minimalistic. I will also provide a few pictures so you can get an idea, as well.
- 2-3 colours max. Decide on your pallet. White is always a must on minimalism. For your second or 3rd colour choose betweet black, grey, brown, gold, silver and ofcourse the pastel colours (Yas).
- Frames & mirrors: To create the illusion that your super tiny apartment is bigger.
- Clear surfaces: Apart of a couple decorations anything else, is a little too much.
- Only the essentials. I know you propable like and love all the things you own, that’s why you bought’em at first place. However, be honest and thing of which of these you only use once or twice a year.Maybe someone else would find them more useful than you (give away and free your space)! Ta ta.
After a lot of thought and even more wander lately, I have the 3 most cozy, and Must go spots in Athens for you. What I look for in a place is coziness, comfort, great hot chocolate and yummy breakie ( if they are desserts may they be served) ! I guess I prefer the kind of places you can chit chat and also read your book quietly, the ones that give the illusion that is not a bad thing you skipped blogging to come here ( guilty).
It’s right there in the corner, of Sina 21, at Kolonaki. If you are a dessert eater, you’ll remember of this post in every bite! It’s tiny, cozy, friendly and super stylist. I’d say…take your girl there, she’ll loveeee it 💗
2 Cafe bar 67.
A cafe bar at Em. Benaki 67, with some green tea, flowers and colourful seats. Wait, wait they have desserts too! Super yummy and healthy too. Go check em out, these guys stay up till late.
3 5 dromoi
Look for it at Kallidromiou and Soultani 1. Jazz vibes, big wide windows, warm coffee and some of the most sunny spots to read your paper.
Much love, xx