This recipe is easy like Sunday mornig, perfect for those in hurry and mommy friendly! I often don’t have the time to take breakfast at home and I end up with a smashed banana in my bag. So I made up my mind and finally baked this apple thin bread this morning. It is so good guys, healthy, yummy, on a budget and you just have to put it in a zip bag and you’re ready to go! I used a small tray and made six servings, we’re left with three (it was so yummy) but you get the idea.
Prep: 10′ / Baking: 30-40′
- 1 big apple
- 2 1/3 small cups flour
- 1 tb spoon cinnamon
- 2 small cups water
- 1 1/2 brown sugar
- 1 tb vanilla extract
- 1/2 orange zest
- 1 tb tahini (optional)
- In a bowl mid the water with the sugar, then add the flour and mix for 2 m. We want the mixture to remain watery so don’t overdo it with the flour.
- Cube the apple and add it in the micture, then go ahaid and add all the rest ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 230 c .
- Give the mixture a good final mix and put baking paper on the tray. Pour the mixture in and bake for 30-40 minutes max.
As a Greek girl I thought I should honor my country by cooking one of the greatest meals that have ever been cooked in this country, (also another reason for doing it, is because this recipe is simply yummy!)
* This recipe takes a bit extra time ( it’s so worth it though) so better prepare the beef the night before . Let’s jump into the recipe. This one makes about six medium servings.
- half kilo beef meat
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 of a medium carrot
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 2 1/4 red wine
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 package rigatoni pasta
- 5 tb spoons olive wine
- 200 gr parmigiano
- 1 can tomato juice
- 1 1/2 honey
For the BECHAMEL:
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cups low fat milk
- 2 cups greek yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large pot saute the onion with three tb spoons olive oil for about 2-3 m.
- Now add the beef and saute in a medium heat for about 8- 10 minutes. Once the beef has turned completely grey and almost 100% dry add the wine and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato juice spices and carrot and give it a slow mix for 2-3 m. Now let cook in a medium heat for about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile boil the pasta for about 2 minutes less than mentioned in the package ( don’t forget that we’re gonna put them in the oven.
- Once the pasta ready dry them out and put in a large tray. With a wooden spoon add the cooked beef on top of the past and place in the oven.
For the mechamel:
- Mix the milk with flour in a medium heat and keep slowly mixing for about 10 minutes until your bechamel gets sticky.
- One minute before you remove from the heat add the spices and then turn off the heat and add the cheese. Give it a mix and set aside to cool for about ten minutes.
- Then mix with the yoghurt and let rest for another 10- 15 minutes.
- At this point preheat the oven to 320c.
- Add on top of your pasta and beef using the wooden spoon to create a layer of bechamel.
- Bake for 30- 40 minutes max.
- Let it cool for about 15-30 minutes before you cut it!
Spring you’re here and you feel like Summer! The temperature in Greece is super high and I think we welcomed Summer already! What a better excuse for adding a spoon of ice cream on the side of this fruity roll? ( Dirty mind). Ready for the recipe folks?
𝙾𝚔𝚊𝚢, 𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚜 𝚍𝚘 𝚍𝚒𝚜!
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 10/15 strawberries
- 3 tb spoons warm water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1 tb spoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tb cinammon
For the glaze
- 3 tb spoons caster sugar
- 1 tea spoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- Some extra caster sugar for the top! It makes a whole lotta difference.
- In a large bowl add the yeast brown sugar and warm water, mix a little bit and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Now go ahaid and add the flour and start working the dough with your hands, after a minute add the milk.
- Mix four about 3-4 minutes, the dough is gonna feel slightly sticky but that’s alright.
- Make it a bowl and put on a bowl and cover with a towel. (In the bowl add some flour on the bottom so the dough won’t get stuck down there).
- Let it rest and get fluffy for an hour.
- Time to roll: Get your rolling pin and open this dough, making it thin. Then using a knife cut the dough crosswise.
- Add the strawbberies in and roll! Flat them a bit pushing down gently with your palm.
- Once time’s up preheat the oven to 350°C and bake for 25 minutes max.
- Take out of the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes. Meanwhile make your glaze.
- Now get a cup and pour the sugar, vanilla extract and cinammon in it. Then add the warm water and mix well.
- Using a spoon pour the glaze all over the tray with the rolls.
- Let it cool for 15 minutes and then spread some caster sugar.
Done! Now, go and get yourself some ice cream, oh and…Bon Appétit
I’ll tell you a secret. This smoothie contains a little bit of caffeine or a little bit of dark chocolate, that’s up to you, depending on which one you prefer the most. Yeah I say it out loud and I feel no shame! This smoothie contains caffeine. Here to mention that I am not a huge caffeine fan and I can go months without having a cup of coffee, but I like tea okay? So let’s get into this very, very easy recipe that also needs no more equipments thank just a fork, a glass to put your smoothie in… and that’s all. Let’s do it.
1/2 cup of almond milk
1 whole banana
1 spoon of dark chocolate chips, melted in the microwave
instead of the chocolate 1 teaspoon of instant coffee
1 teaspoon coconut chips
1 teaspoon off almond butter or peanut butter
1/2 juice of 1 orange
*Optional: You can top your smoothie with some cinnamon
1 Simply smash your banana with a fork and add it into your smoothie Bowl or glass.
2 Then add your almond milk, orange juice, melted chocolate or one spoon of instant coffee, almond butter, coconut chips and mix with a spoon or shake. You can always add some cinnamon on top of your smoothie and enjoy.
Quick advice: if you’d like your smoothie warm, you can hit up the almond milk in the microwave for 30 seconds. I like it that way better because I’m not good at drinking cold things during winter time. So tha’ts all, try it out and let me know 💋
Thank goodness, another pancake recipe! To make brekkie is one of my favourite things to do in the kitchen all savoury and sweet mixed up, a pinch of this and a pinch of that.. yum yum and so it goes.. Do you like to make pancakes or eat them only ?Have I told you that the first recipe I ever cooked was pancakes? I remember grabbing one of my dad’s cookbooks a Summer evening and be like I’m gonna go for this pancakes recipe. Then the whole family was eating a bunch of those little fluffy pancakes I made for the very first time in the back of our yard, it’s been about eight to night years ago. One time in the kitchen was enough to fall in love with this very special kind of art, at that point I didn’t even know, but here we are now making these…
- 2 1/3 Cups flour
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vailla extract
- 3 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 pomegranate
- 2 teaspoons greek honey
To make this darling all you have to do is mix the flour water and vanilla extract for 5′. Then add a bit of butter in your pan and once heated up pour one spoon of the mixture (use a round ladle). 1-2 minutes to each side is more than enough. Place in a plate and continue the same prosess. It must make about 10-15 of these. Once ready top with honey, powdered sugar, pomegranate seeds oh! and a good warm coffee.