Spring you’re here and you feel like Summer! The temperature in Greece is super high and I think we welcomed Summer already! What a better excuse for adding a spoon of ice cream on the side of this fruity roll? ( Dirty mind). Ready for the recipe folks?
𝙾𝚔𝚊𝚢, 𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚜 𝚍𝚘 𝚍𝚒𝚜!
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 10/15 strawberries
- 3 tb spoons warm water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1 tb spoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tb cinammon
For the glaze
- 3 tb spoons caster sugar
- 1 tea spoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- Some extra caster sugar for the top! It makes a whole lotta difference.
- In a large bowl add the yeast brown sugar and warm water, mix a little bit and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Now go ahaid and add the flour and start working the dough with your hands, after a minute add the milk.
- Mix four about 3-4 minutes, the dough is gonna feel slightly sticky but that’s alright.
- Make it a bowl and put on a bowl and cover with a towel. (In the bowl add some flour on the bottom so the dough won’t get stuck down there).
- Let it rest and get fluffy for an hour.
- Time to roll: Get your rolling pin and open this dough, making it thin. Then using a knife cut the dough crosswise.
- Add the strawbberies in and roll! Flat them a bit pushing down gently with your palm.
- Once time’s up preheat the oven to 350°C and bake for 25 minutes max.
- Take out of the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes. Meanwhile make your glaze.
- Now get a cup and pour the sugar, vanilla extract and cinammon in it. Then add the warm water and mix well.
- Using a spoon pour the glaze all over the tray with the rolls.
- Let it cool for 15 minutes and then spread some caster sugar.
Done! Now, go and get yourself some ice cream, oh and…Bon Appétit