Okay my darlings, who of you “pet” a plant or more? Me too! There’s nothing more adorable than having houseplants and flowers all over the home. For now I only have my little plant at the new house. Allhough I tried I still haven’t managed to find a flower shop in the new neighborhood but I’m seriously going to do it asap. The other day I got inspired by pinterest and some beautiful flower pictures I found there, so I made a little research on the net and here’s the 5 benefits of houseplants.
- They give an assist in breathing. Inhaling brings oxygen into the body, exhaling releases carbon dioxide. During photosynthesis, plants do the opposite, of sorts: They absorb carbon dioxide and release oxygen, making plants and people great partners when it comes to gasses. Plants help to increase oxygen levels and our bodies are happy.
- They help you work better …Yep they dooo. A number of studies with both students and workers reveals that studying or working in the presence of plants can have a pretty dramatic effect. As with simply being in nature, being around plants improves concentration, memory and productivity. Being “under the influence of plants” can increase memory retention up to 20 percent, according to a University of Michigan study.
- Plants help lower background noise. Plants have long been used to reduce noise from busy roads. More recently, research has shown another benefit: interior plants can help to reduce background noise levels inside buildings, too.
- Boost your mood and make you happy happy happy. Plants can also teach us a thing or two about empathy. According to Texas Agriculture & Medicine University, people who spend their time caring for nature are more likely to care for others. Caring for plants can help you increase compassion and improve your relationships.
- Okay the last one is based on my experience and not some research but a good reason for having houseplants would definatelly be inspiration! Get inspired by the miracle of life and enjoy witnessing the beauty of nature everyday! Especially if you live in a no green city, this little indoors garden could cheer you up and make you a little happier!
Go ahead! Adopt a plant and bring your girlfriend some flowers, she’ll loveeeee them. I guarantee.