I love the smell of warm “just got out of the oven” cake, it really reminds me of when I was young and little and had my school bag to carry. Mommy would bake the cake and make me and my two siblings chocolate milk and then I would give a sneaky bite of cake to Robie our little doggy. Cake has always been my favourite thing to eat on cold Autumn and Winter mornings, there’s something soo….cozy! about cakes. To make this lovely baby cake keep notes!
~Prep. time: 10′ / Baking time: 40′ / Easy / Cost: 4€ / Makes a medium size ~
- 2/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup soft butter
- 1.5 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- half an orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 brown raw sugar
- orange zest
- 1/2 pomegranate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- In a large bowl stir together sugar and butter till well combined.
- Add the rest of the ingredients apart of the vinegar, powdered sugar and egg whites.
- Keep on mixing for 3 minutes or till they are well combined.
- In a small bowl stir the egg whites and add them into the rest mixture.
- Add the vinegar ass well and mix for a monment.
- Bake on 18 degrees for 40′. Once ready remove from the oven and let it cool for 30 minutes.
- Top with powdered sugar and pomegranates seeds.