These impromptu mushroom meatballs where made in less than 20 minutes with whatever I had at home really, that simple. I served them with some light and healthy spinach and rice on the side. I love this plate cause it’s full of protein and energy, exactly what we needed that day to get some energy for our fitness routine.
~Prep. time: 10′ / Frying. time: 8-10′ / Eay / Cost: 3€ / Serves: 3~
- 1 can mushrooms chopped
- 3 tablespoons ketchap
- 1 egg
- 1 green pepper
- 1 baby carot
- 3 slices of homemeal bread
- bread crumbs
- sea salt
- virgin olive oil for the frying
- 1/3 cup of red wine
- In a pan saute the mushrooms and veggies with some olive oil. After 3-5′ add the spices, ketchap in as well and mix. One minute before yo move from the heat add the wine.
- Remove from the heat.
- Drench the bread slices
- In a large bowl crack the egg and mix with the rest. Mix till well combined.
- Then make small mushroom balls and roll them into the bread crumbs.
- Put olive oil in the pan and after 5 minutes throw the meat balls in carefully (high temperature).
- Wait till they get that gold colour and don’t forget to roll them in all sides.