The whole point of leftover meals is that you can use whatever is in you fridge already..and look what a healthy combination of veggies was hiding in mine? This improptu, last minute Leftover Lentil Soup was my Friday’s dinner. I missed soups and I must confess that I kinda miss Fall, rainy days and a hot pot of little something for dinner. I know Summer is still here..Are you more of a Summer or Winter person? I’m a Winter fella #guilty.
~Prep.time:10′ /Cooking:30′ / Easy / Cost:3€ / Serves 4~
- 2 cups lentils
- 2 carrots
- 2 potatoes
- 1/3 broccoli
- 1/3 lettuce
- 1/3 small onion
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- vegetable stock
- olive oil
- vinegar cream
As I said before this recipe is a mix of everything really and watever you have in your fridge. You don’t have to have all the ingredients I used and you can definately add others. Be spontaneous making this little lentil soup.
- Boil the lentils for 10 minutes. Drain the lentils.
- Now boil the carrots and potatoes for 15 minutes.
- In a pot saute the onion with olive oil. Add the tomato sauce in the same pot your sauted the onion. Then mix them with the potatoes and carrots that you have just drained. (Keep 2 cups of the water you used for the boiling).
- In the big pot that you boiled the potatoes and carrots throw the tomato sauce with the onion, potatoes and carrots. Add salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients exept of the yogurt and vinegar. Let it be for 15-20 minutes in a high temperature but keep an eye on it.
- Remove from the heat and top with yogurt, some more dill and vinegar.