Hellooo, what’s the day ? It’s Saturday and the weekend just can’t start right without some pretty yummy treat. Athough, I made this recipe a couple of days ago I felt like it was soo worth sharing and a Weekend Must. I definately am a huge fan of honey, so this recipe should have some in it. I know that many of you like to use maple syrup with your french toast and pancakes but for me it has aaalways been hunnyyyyy🐻 🍯 Btw I don’t know if you’ve noticed by the title of the recipe but there’s some vanilla ice cream too, I mean warm sugary bread, peaches that just came out of the oven and vanilla ice cream on top of them….oh lord Thank you! Food feeds the soul, food is creativity visible, food is love and cuddles in a bite and all things nice and sweet💕
Let’s do this fellass:
~Prep. time: 5′ / Cooking time:10′ / Easy / Cost: 4€ / Serves two~
- 6 slices of fresh wholemeal bread
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 vanilla extract
- lemon zest
- 3 peaches
- vanilla ice cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- black pepper
I also made some cherry tomato, green pepper, cuccamber and cream cheese toast as you can see at the back of the picture ( We are huge eaters, enough is not enough😇)
- Lay the peaches on baking paper and put in the oven on high temperature for 6-10 minutes. Before you put the tray in the oven top the peaches with some lemon zest. When the peaches are ready remove from the heat & put the ice cream on top of them.
- In a bowl put the milk, cinnamon, sugar, vanilla extract, 1 egg and mix. Then dip the slices ( both sides) of bread in it for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter in the pan and trow the wet bread slices in. It takes about 3 minutes for them to get ready, flip both sides. Remove from the heat.
- Now put another butter spoon on the pan and crack your egg in. It takes about 5 minutes max to be ready. *Tip with a spoon take some hot butter from the pan and pour it on the yolk a minute before you remove it from the heat. This process helps you to fry the yolk as well.
- Place the egg on top of the bread, pour honey on them and add pepper, salt and dill on top of the egg. Aaaand donee.