This is the ultimate “Take to work/ school / uni with you” recipe and you can make a bunch of these wraps and keep them in the fridge for the rest of the week. The rice is so easy to make and the taste…the taste is really good guys! full with herbs and veggies wrapped in the fresh lettuce leaves…YUM 😊Here’s what you need to make these adorable baby wraps
~Prep. time: 15’/ Boiling: 20′ / Cooking time: 10′ / Easy / Costing: 5€ / Makes 15~
- 3 cups rice
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup corn
- 1 green pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 carrots
- 1/3 cabbage
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 1 small leek
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- black pepper
- 2 small lettuces
These buddies are a little bit tricky when it comes to wrapping…you have to be gentle with them, so I suggest that you make them the night before! Plus next day they’re even better🍃
- Boil the rice without covering the pot. You know it’s time to throw the rice in when you see the little bubbles coming on the top of your pot. When the rice is ready remove from the heat and drain.
- Cut all your veggies. Put about 4- 5 tablespoons of extra olive oil into the pan and thow the onion, pepper and leek into the pan. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Then crack the eggs, just like that and throw them into the pan. After a minute mix the eggs with a ladle.
- Add the rest of the veggies in and saute for another minute.
- It’s time for the veggie stock, wine and tomato sauce. Add them all into the pan.
- Put the rice in the pan and add the spices and herbs.
- Mix them well for about 5 minutes.
- Wrap the texture into the lettuce leaves gently and you’re ready to serve.