This simple lentil meatballs recipe is full of protein and taste. It’s totally worth your time aaaand makes sure to boost your energy levels. For those who prefer meatless meals this one is such a great option that keeps your tummy full for hours! Let’s call them small creamy bites of heaven…yum…they go well with pasta and rice 💗
~ Prep. time: 40’/Cooking: 20’/ Intermediate/ Cost: 5€ / Makes 10~
For the lentil meatballs
- 2 Big potatoes
- 3 cups lentils
- 1/3 of a green pepper
- 1/3 of a small red onion
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- black pepper
- bread cramp
For the sauce
- 1 tea cup tomato sauce
- 1 big carrot
- 1 vegetable cube
- black pepper
- 1/2 small green pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tea cup regato cheese
- 1/2 brocolli
- Boil the potatoes for 15 minutes unsalted. Then remove from the heat and let them cool for 15 minutes.
- Smash the potatoes and put them into a large bowl.
- Crack the egg into the bowl and add the green pepper, onion, olive oil, spices and herbs in.
- Mix well and then make small meatballs. Put into bread crumb.
- In a hot pot fry them till they turn golden. (about 2-3 minutes each side).
- Remove from the heat and let them cool.
- Boil the brocolli for 5′ then put into the oven, adding some olive oil and sesame on top of it. After 10 minutes remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Now it’s time to make the sauce. In a sauce pan add the tomato sauce, vegetables and saute for 5 minutes, add the spices and milk.
- Throw the meatballs in and mix gently (the meatballs are kinda soft).
- Remove from the heat and serve.