Not that I love this recipe but this Honey Lime chicken is pretty good guys! This recipe is dedicated to honey, that makes my life and cooking so much better. Not any honey in genereal but the local Kalymnian honey, that tastes like no other, for REAL!
So back to the chicken : It was soft, sweet and juicy!
~Prep. time: 5’/ Boiling: 25′ / frying: 5-10′ / Cost: 6€ / Easy / Serves 3~
- 1 Medium chicken (Mine ended up being a little too small)
- 1 Lime
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Black pepper
- 1/2 vegetabe cube
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Fill half of your pot with water and add the chicken in it. ATTENTION do not add any salt in the pot, it will ruin the boiling process and make your chicken dry. Leave it on a high heat for 20′-25′, half cover.
- Put the chicken in a pan and add the butter. Let it get this golden colour from both sides. It will take about 2′ for each side.
- Then add 1/2 cup of the chicken stock (from the boiling) in.
- Add the vegetable cube, spices, herbs and let it be for 3-5′. Cover completely.
- A couple of minutes before you remove the chicken from the heat cut your lime in slices and add it in the pan.