Crunchy, crunchy, crunchy!
Wanna make your own delicious, summery, vegetarian+ low in calories pita?
The truth is that this awesome stuffed pita recipe takes a bit of time to get ready, but in ma country they say “To know to eat you have to know how to wait”. I encourage you to try and make your own homemade pita, following the recipe instead of buying some(Sneaky). Now that all have been said let’s get staaaarted!
~Prep.time: 1hour/ frying: 10′ / Cost: 4€ / Intermediate / Makes 5~
For the Pita:
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the potato balls:
- 3 big potatoes
- 1 mozarrella ball
- 1 egg
- 1 small green pepper
- black pepper
- sweet paprica
- bread crumbs
For the filling
- 3 cups green beans
- 1/2 cup corn
- 2 big tomatoes
- 1 big carrot
- 1\2 of a medium cabbage
- 2 greek yogurts
- 1 small cuccumber
- lemon juice
If you give a chance to this pita recipe I guarantee that it’s gonna become one of your favourite things to make at home and maybe school, work, Uni? Fits perfectly in your lunchbox, huh?
- Mix the flour, water, olive oil and salt with your hand till well combined (about 5′)
- Cut the dough to 5 pieces and make each of them a ball.
- Take your plaster on hand, sprinkle a little of the extra flour onto your clean work surface and turn out the dough. Knead the dough for about 5 minutes, until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Put each pita in a big pan after adding a bit of oil into the pan. It takes a couple of minutes for the pita to be ready so keep an on it all the time. Flip to both sides.
- Remove from the heat and place into the oven to remain warm.
- Boil the potatoes for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and place in a big bowl. Using a fork mash your potatoes. Let them cool for 30′.
- Then cut the dill and pepper and add into the bowl.
- Add the spices and cheese and mix all together.
- Make small balls and roll them into bread crumbs.
- Put them into hot oil and fry till they get that gold colour. (About 2-3′).
- Cut the cuccumber, dill and mix with the yogurt. Put on the side for a while.
- Boil the beans for 5-6′, add some lemmon juice and salt on them.
- Saute the rest of the pepper and corn with a teaspoon of salt for about 1-2′.
- Use the above plus the yummy potato balls to fill your pitaaaa.
Hey, don’t forget to take some pics from your own pita and share them in the comments xx.