I have a delicious recipe for you today! Chicken, nice spice, honey, wine, five layers of lasagna, tomato-carrot sauce, peppers and all things nice! C’mon get your ladle on hand and join me.
~Prep. time: 5′ / boiling: 20’/ cooking 20’/ Easy/cost 14€/ 6 serves~
- 1 big chicken breast
- 1 big green pepper
- 2 medium carrots
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 2+ ½ cups tomato sauce
- 180gr parmigiano cheese
- black pepper
- 5 tablespooons olive oil
- 1/2 package of lasagna ( 5 for each piece)
Made this recipe in a hot Summer day, without using strong spices and garnishing it with some cream cheese on the side. *My top secret for this recipe is the boiling! Boil your chicken for about 20-25 minutes, to make it soft and delicious. This recipe is better served in small pieces, as the five layers of lasagna are just enough. If you don’t like chicken you can use beef and it will make no big difference.
- Boil the chicken breat in a pot for 20′, after you cut it in small pieces (cover the pot and after 10′ uncover).
- In a saucepan add the pepper and saute for 2′, then put the tomato sauce, spices, carrots in. ( use the greater for the carrots). Add 1 cup of water, the honey and mix with the ladle. Half cover and let it cook for 10-15 minutes on a medium heat. ( Mix now and then).
- Once both chicken & sauce are ready do the following. 1) In a pot put the chicken with origano & wine. Saute for 3′, then remove from the heat, add the sauce, cheese and mix.
- Preheat the oven to 230C.
- Lay the lasagna on a tray and put the filling in each one. Create a 5 layer of lasagna.
- Before you put in the oven, add half a cup of water mixed with 2 tablespoons tomato sauce and salt in the tray.
- Cover with aluminium foil for the first 15′ of cooking. ( cook to 230C)
- Then uncover to let it get a crunchy texture and golden colour.