These lentils tasted so good, like so good and a lot different than the soup version of lentils I was used to eat. Now this is how I’m gonna make my lentils from now own.
~Prep time:5′ / Cooking time :20′ / Easy / cost: 2€ per serve *The price refers to the money spent in order to make this particular recipe and not the money spent to buy the ingredients / Serves 2 ~
- 2 cups lentils
- 2 large cups spinach
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 small onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- vinegar cream sauce
Low in calories and high in nutrition, lentils are the best legume to eat during Summer. It boosts your energy levels and it’s such a good protein source. Lentils contain the third- highest levels of protein.Did you know that lentils are a plant associated with the Old World agricultural revolution in prehistoric times that was domesticated along with einkorn and emmer wheats, barley, pea, and flax? Lentils were found in Franchithi Cave in Greece (13,000-9,500 years ago) and from the end-Mesolithic at Mureybit and Tell Abu Hureya in Syria, and about 8000 B.C. in the Jericho area of Palestine.
1 cup serving of letils provides the following proportion of your daily intake:
- 90 percent of folate
- 37 percent of iron
- 49 percent of manganese
- 36 percent of phosphorus
- 22 percent of thiamin
- 21 percent of potassium
- 18 percent of vitamin B6
- Slice all the veggies. While you are doing this boil the lentils and the spinach for 10′ in two different pot though.
- Put the sliced onion in the pan and saute for 3-4 minutes, adding 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Then add the lentils, carrots, salt and pepper in the pan. Saute for 5′ minutes.
- Lastly it’s time for the spinach ( it will leave water in the pan, don’t panic), more salt and saute for other 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and put the butter and the cherry tomatoes on top as well.
- Serve and use some vinegar cream and yogurt as a dressing.