We love brunch and we love homemade brunch even more, because it saves us so much money, time aaaand it’s a bit healthier, right?!
This is literally one of the easiest recipes I’ve ever tried guys. I personally am not an egg fan, but still, I found this one really yummy. The best part of it is that it’s almost done by its own. You only have to cut the veggies, throw the eggs in the pan and let them be.
~Prep time: 3mins / cooking time: 15′ / Easy / cost: 4€ / 2 serves ~
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices brown bread
- 1 zucchini
- parsley (as much as you please)
- 1 big green pepper
- 5-8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small carrot
- 2 cups tomato sauce ( I used ketchup)
- 2-3 slices bacon
- 1 cup of water
- half a vegetable cube
- black pepper
- 1 small cucumber
This recipe literally costed me costed me 4€ only ( hey, just want to make sure that everyone is aware of the fact that the price mentioned on the top of the recipe refers to the money spent for the particular serves and not the full cost of buying the ingredients. This applies to all the recipes in this blog). Back to food now, the ingredient’s selection for the sauce was based on what I had at home. If you don’t like zucchini you can not have it, although zucchini helps with weight lose, keeps you disease free & is an outstanding source of manfanese and vitamin C (the choice is still yours).
- Saute the zucchini and peppet for 3 mins.
- Add the tomato sauce, half cup of water, the veggie cube, salt, pepper, parsley, mix and cover for 5′.
- Meanwhile, put some baking paper on a tray and put the bread slices in the oven for 3-5 mins. Don’t forget to add parmigiano on top of the slices before you put them in the oven(180c).
- Once the bread is ready repeat the same sequance of steps with the bacon and put it in the oven to 180c as well.
- Grind your carrot, put it in the pan and add your honey. Let the pan uncovered.
- Break the eggs and simply throw them into the pan. Let them be for 5-10 minutes depending on how you like them ( hard or soft).
- Now make your sandwich ( I used some cucumber & yogurt to make it lighter.